- OMAP35x SDK
SDK for Texas Instruments OMAP35x Applications Processors
RidgeRun provides a fully featured Embedded Linux Software Development Kit for Texas Instruments OMAP35x applications processors, and support services for the SDK and OMAP35x Evaluation Module (EVM).
TIs OMAP platform delivers high performance, power efficient applications processors with a robust support network and software portfolio including open source. The complete platform allows for differentiation and rapid development of applications from wireless handsets to other multimedia-enhanced devices.
TI's OMAP35x generation of devices consists of four distinct single-chip processors: OMAP3503, OMAP3515, OMAP3525 and OMAP3530. These processors offer a variety of combinations of the ARM® Cortex-A8 core, multimedia-rich peripherals, OpenGL® ES 2.0 compatible graphics engine, video accelerators and TMS320C64x+™ DSP core. TI's DaVinci™ software technology for video-centric customers will be available for the highest-performance video in the OMAP35x devices, including the OMAP3525 and OMAP3530.
For more technical details on the OMAP 35xx family check TI's website
RidgeRun provides customers the embedded Linux technology to unleash the power of the OMAP line in your next product.
- Unleash the Linux power
Take advantage of what OMAP can offer
The OMAP35xx processors family provides unparallel performance with ARM® Cortex-A8, C64x DSP, PowerVR SGX Graphics Chip and peripherals. But how to take advantage of all that power using open source solutions?
RidgeRun has leverage our experience to integrate powerful open source solutions getting the best of the OMAP hardware in your software solution:
- Gstreamer plugins for CodecEngine allows our customers access to the DSP xDAIS compatible codecs within your multimedia applications along with ARM® side codecs taking advantage of the NEON instruction set. RidgeRun SDK provides integration of the DVSDK software (XDC, CodecEngine, DSPBios/Link, etc)
- Create powerful graphic interfaces using clutter integrated with the OGLES software. RidgeRun integrates the standard actors plus and is working on new actors and improvements. Combine with the gstreamer provider and you will get your codecs rendering into a 3D scenography!
- Integrated open source solutions like WebKit browser can be accelerated using OpenVG backends for cairo, making your 2D rendering hardware accelerated.
- Tech Specs
OMAP 35xx SDK Features
- U-boot v2009.11 supported, enhanced integration with RidgeRun SDK
- Linux kernel 2.6.32
- Driver support: TWL4030, I2C, SPI, ALSA, FB, USB host and gadget MMC/SD, resistive touch screen (contact us for capacitive), keypad.
- SDK integration of DVSDK software
- SDK integration of SGX driver stack
- Toolchain based on codesourcery 2009q1
- Many open source applications available
- Integrated support for the SGX graphics accelerator software in the build system
- RidgeRun services for integration of graphic acceleration technology with open source software stacks
Contact us for more information on the graphics stacks with support for the SGX.
Gstreamer codecs bundle
- GStreamer hardware accelerated pipeline integration
- GStreamer support for DSP codecs
Contact us for more information on the gstreamer codecs bundle for the OMAP platform.
Other Software Available
- Related Products
Linux support services
RidgeRun provides support and engineering contracts for OMAP customers using Texas Instruments SDK included with the OMAP35x Evaluation Module (EVM).
Contact us for more information.
Reference hardware and integration services for your OMAP product
Looking for adding wireless networking, bluetooth, capacitive touch screen panel, or CCD sensors to your OMAP solution?
RidgeRun has develop this technologies for different platforms and can provide you with reference designs and software stack that suit your needs.
Contact us for more information.