Getting Started Guide for the AM35x EVM
About this section
RidgeRun SDK for am35x EVM is a small footprint Linux support package that provides support for EVM evaluation board, and can be easily ported to custom hardware, while holding a minimal footprint and the functionality that you expect from a Linux distribution.
am35x-EVM SDK includes:
- U-boot v2009.08 for am35x EVM with NAND booting support.
- Linux Kernel 2.6.32 (PSP )
- Variety file system support.
- Developer tools for debugging and profiling.
- Integrated configuration system.
- SDK installer for using with U-boot.
This section describes how to configure , compile, install and work with RidgeRun SDK Platform for AM35x platform running Linux.This SDK provides a fundamental software platform for development, deployment and execution on.
The instructions contain the information necessary to:
- Install the SDK.
- Build the sources contained.
- Configure the drivers/ modules.
The document also provides detailed description of drivers and modules specific to this platform.
Building and running all of the PSP components requires a Linux machine with ubuntu 9.04 or higher
Target Hardware Requirements
- ZOOM AM3517 EVM DEVELOPMENT KIT.
The EVM ships with other peripheral hardware like power supply, USB, Ethernet and serial cables. 
Linux host is required
- For compiling U-Boot and Linux kernel.
- To host the TFTP server required for downloading kernel and file system images from U-Boot using Ethernet.
- To host the NFS server to boot the EVM with NFS as root filesystem .
Host Software Requirements:
- Serial console terminal application .
- TFTP and NFS servers.
- CodeSourcery ARM tool chain version 2009-q1. 
To install the toolchain, follow the sequence. These are to be executed on the Linux host platform.