Mistral DM8148 EVM
RidgeRun provides support for the DM8148 Evaluation Board from Mistral. This board is supported either with the Evaluation SDK or with the Professional SDK. You can download the evaluation SDK for the EVM from the RidgeRun download center. To purchase a professional SDK, please use our online store or contact us.
The DM8148 Evaluation Module (EVM) enables developers to immediately start evaluating DM814x DaVinci™ digital media processors and begin building solutions such as surveillance DVRs, video conferencing systems, video broadcasting systems, media servers, single-board computers, gateways, routers, servers, industrial automation, medical devices, human machine interfaces (HMIs), point-of-service data terminals, amongst others.
The DM8148 EVM support from RidgeRun includes our Linux kernel and file system fully integrated with logic to handle the latest EZSDK released by Texas Instruments as well as GStreamer + openMax support -- all these features included in a user friendly development environment which will allow you to focus in the development of your product.
Features Supported by the SDK
- U-boot-2010.06 supported + env function support to read your environment from a *.txt file in a SD card.
- Linux kernel 2.6.37
- EZSDK 5.02.02.60 integrated in a user friendly build system
- GStreamer + OpenMax
- Support H.264@1080p video encode/decode
- SD, JFFS2, NFS and UBI filesystem support
- Boot from SD card
- Many open source applications available such as: QT, net-snmp, GStreamer, Busybox, etc
- Toolchain based on CodeSourcery 2009q1
- Integrated support for the SGX graphics accelerator software in the build system
- RidgeRun services for integration of graphic acceleration technology with open source software stacks