Release Notes for Beagle xM OMAP35x board July 2010
- 1 General Information
- 2 Revision History
- 3 Documentation
- 4 What's New?
- 5 Supported Operating Systems
- 6 Setting up extra components
- 7 SDK Details
- 8 Integration with DSVDK
- 9 GNU/Linux , bootloader and xloader
- 10 What's Supported
- 11 What's Not Supported
- 12 Known Bugs
- 13 Support Information
- Product Name: Beagle board OMAP35x Board.
- Version: 1.00.00.
- Date: July 2010.
- Download link: download center .
Copyright Notice ©
This document and the software described in it are furnished under license with RidgeRun, and as such, may be used or copied only in accordance with the terms of the license. The contents of this document are furnished for informational purposes only and are subject to change without notice. RidgeRun, assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or inaccuracies that may exist in this document. No part of this document may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form, without the prior written consent of RidgeRun.
Please read the full license agreement for the RidgeRun Evaluation SDKs .
ARM is a registered trademark of ARM Limited. Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the United States and other countries and is used by RidgeRun under license. Instruments and TI are registered trademarks of Texas Instruments Incorporated. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
General SDK documentation:
Beagle Board xM related documentation:
Supported Operating Systems
- Ubuntu 9.04 in 32 bits.
- Ubuntu 9.10 in 32 bits.
Setting up extra components
This is the fisrt release for the beagleboard xM SDK
Integration with DSVDK
- This release of the DVSDK 3.01.00.06 product supports OMAP3525 and OMAP3530 platforms.
- This DVSDK, coupled with the Platform Support Package for Linux, gives developers the ability to evaluate the hardware and software capabilities of the OMAP3525 and OMAP3530 platforms.
Install the binaries with the default settings:
- The Build date: 04-07-2010
Getting Started Guide for OMAP35x EVM DVSDK can be acceded from [here]
GNU/Linux , bootloader and xloader
The linux kernel and the bootloader versions are listed below :
OMAP Linux Kernel 2.6.32(Linux kernel version)
- The baseline was chosen from a psp branch from Texas Instruments : ansgstrom distribution
- You can get the kernel here
Support a hacked version from Koen Koi tree. you can get more information about here.
Support a hacked version from the [x-load omap3] tree.
The kernel and U-Boot have been compiled with CodeSourcery GNU Toolchain for ARM Processors 2009-q1-203 based on GCC 4.3.3
The SDK package supports the following components::*Gstreamer
- Gst-dmai plugins
- dvsdk 3.01.00.06
- U-Boot supporting MMC boot mode.
- X-loader supporting MMC boot mode.
- Pre-built binaries for X-loader, U-Boot, Linux kernel and filesystem.
- Linux Kernel and device drivers:
- Audio (McBSP)
- MUSB host supporting MSC, HID
What's Not Supported
- NAND Device
This SDK doesn't include support services. RidgeRun Developer SDK for Beagleboard xM OMAP35x Board provides handful of debug and profile tools, professional Linux development support and a wider range of OMAP35x drivers. Contact RidgeRun at firstname.lastname@example.org for information and pricing on Developers SDK for Beagleboard xM OMAP35x Board platforms. A mailing list for questions and inquiries on the Evaluation RidgeRun SDK is available at mailing list