Release Notes for latest evaluation SDK for OMAP35x EVM
- Product Name: Evaluation SDK for MISTRAL OMAP35x.
- Version: 886608.
- Date: August 2010.
- Download link: (only for members)
Copyright Notice ©
This document and the software described in it are furnished under license with RidgeRun, and as such, may be used or copied only in accordance with the terms of the license. The contents of this document are furnished for informational purposes only and are subject to change without notice. RidgeRun, assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or inaccuracies that may exist in this document. No part of this document may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form, without the prior written consent of RidgeRun.
Please read the full license agreement for the RidgeRun Evaluation SDKs .
ARM is a registered trademark of ARM Limited. Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the United States and other countries and is used by RidgeRun under license. Instruments and TI are registered trademarks of Texas Instruments Incorporated. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
General SDK documentation:
OMAP35x related documentation:
Supported Operating Systems
- Ubuntu 9.04 in 32 bits.
- Ubuntu 9.10 in 32 bits.
- Ubuntu 10.04 in 32 bits.
Setting up extra components
Supporting the psp PSP 03.00.01.06
- Kernel version: linux-2.6.32
- Bootloader version: U-boot 2009.11
- Bootstrapper: x-loader v1.45
Supporting the OMAP35x v3.00.00.11 DVSDK
- XDC tools version: xdctools_3_16_01_27
- Framework Components version : framework_components_2_25_01_05
- CMEM version : linuxutils_2_25_01_06
- Bios utlis version : biosutils_1_02_02
- Codec Engine version : codec_engine_2_25_01_06
- Codec Server version : cs1omap3530_1_01_00
- Dmai version : dmai_2_05_00_06
- XDAIS version: xdais_6_25_01_08
- DSPLINK version: dsplink_1_65_00_01
Integration with DSVDK
The DVSDK OMAP35x_setuplinux_3_01_00_10.bin used can be found in
The key features for the OMAP35x-evm are:
- OMAP35x high performance applications processor based on OMAPTM 3 architecture with an Superscalar ARM®Cortex™-A8 featuring NEON co-processor with immersive 2D/3D Graphics accelerator
- Micron PoP (package-on-package) memory supporting 2Gbit NAND flash and 1Gbit Mobile DDR SDRAM or Samsung PoP supporting 1Gbit OneNAND flash and 1Gbit Mobile DDR SDRAM.
- Power Module based on TWL4030 power management and audio companion device
- 3.7" dual mode(QVGA/VGA) LCD display with Touch Screen support
- CVBS and S-Video TV OUT interfaces
- High speed USB OTG 2.0 interface
- Stereo Audio Interface-Auxiliary Line IN and Handset OUT
- 1/4/8 bit SD/MMC interface
- 4x4 keypad Interface
- Three RS-232 UART interfaces
- Boot mode configuration switch
- Mux switches on Processor board to multiplex interfaces between EVM main board design and expansion connectors.
- Standard 14 pin JTAG debug interface
- Embedded Trace Macrocell (ETM) debug interface
- Dual general purpose expansion connectors supporting:
- TWL4030 ADC Input channels
- 12 bit Camera Parallel Interface
- UART(3), McBSP(2), SPI(2), SD/MMC(2), I2C(2) Interfaces
- DSS(24 bit), GPMC(16-bit) bus
- ETM debug interface
For further information about the OMAP35x-EVM please visit The OMAP35x Evaluation Module-Hardware User Guide