RidgeRun Auto exposure/Auto white balance library for DM368 and DM365
Video capture quality can be enhance with image processing, like auto white balance(AWB) and auto exposure algorithms(AE):
- Auto exposure performs automatic adjustments of the image brightness according to the amount of light that reaches the camera sensor.
- Auto white balance automatically compensates color differences based on lighting so white actually appears white.
Some camera sensors don't include auto white balance and/or auto exposure processing, so RidgeRun offers a library with AE and AWB algorithms for the Leopard Board DM365 and the 5Mpixel camera.
Three applications are required to support the auto exposure and auto white-balance (AEW) adjustments:
- Ipiped, a DBus server for controlling and configuring the camera sensor, the dm365 video processor and the aew library.
- Librraew, a library that includes auto white balance and auto exposure algorithms.
- Ipipe-client, an interactive console that can be used to invoke any of the methods supported by the Ipiped.