SDK Old 2011Q2 for DM8168 EVM Board
Page Under Construction
- 1 General Information
- 2 Documentation
- 3 What's new?
- 4 Differences between the EVAL SDK and Professional SDK
- 5 Supported Operating Systems
- 6 SDK Details
- 7 Known Limitations and Defects
- 8 Support Information
- 9 SDK Download Instructions
- 10 Related links
- Product Name: SDK for DM8168 EVM board based on 2011Q2 Stable Release.
- Date: 09-2011.
- 2011Q2 SDK Release Information
Please read the full license agreement for the RidgeRun Evaluation SDKs here.
- DM8168 EVM related documentation:
- CodeSourcery Toolchain 2009q1
- Updated kernel version to 2.6.37
- Updated EZSDK version to 5.02.01.59
- Updated GStreamer OpenMax plugins
- Support for HDMI video output
- Support H.264@1080p video encode/decode
- SD boot support
Differences between the EVAL SDK and Professional SDK
|Feature||EVAL SDK||Professional SDK|
|Can be used to develop commercial products||No||Yes|
|Can be used for personal or education proposes||Yes||Yes|
|RidgeRun's professional support||No||Yes|
Supported Operating Systems
Linux Distribution Ubuntu 9.04, 9.10, 10.04 and 10.10 in 32 bits and 64 bits.
This is an Evaluation Linux SDK build for Texas Instruments DM8168 System on Chip and based on the Professional SDK 2011Q2.
This SDK is designed to run on the DM8168 EVM.
This SDK includes:
- ARM toolchain: gcc 4.3.3.
- U-Boot 2010.06
- Linux kernel 2.6.37.
- Integration with TI's EZ Software Development Kit for Davinci DM816x/DM814x processors- EZSDK 5.02.01.59.
- Please make sure to download and install the EZSDK before building the RidgeRun SDK.
- Install the EZSDK by running ezsdk_dm816x-evm_5_02_01_59_setuplinux. Be sure to use the default installation values.
- ezsdk_dm816x-evm_5_02_01_59_setuplinux can be downloaded from TI's Product Download Page.
Known Limitations and Defects
RidgeRun offers the evaluation SDK for hobbyists willing to invest time getting they project to work. RidgeRun also offers the evaluation SDK for professional companies in product development who want to try out the SDK before purchase. RidgeRun will extend the professional SDK as required by our customers. Many of those changes will be ported to the evaluation SDK.
Expect the list below to change regularly as new limitations are reported and defect fixes are checked in.
- Boot from NAND using UBIFS or JFFS2 is not supported by the moment.
- In order to use the RidgeRun's installer system and more specific the NAND support it is necessary to use RidgeRun's u-boot instead of the default u-boot that comes with the board. Read the following article to know How to flash the RidgeRun's u-boot in a new board.
Evaluation SDK doesn't include support services. Make sure to read the links listed below (Related Links) in order to solve some of the main issues.
RidgeRun Professional SDK provides handful of debug and profile tools, professional Linux development support and a wider range of drivers. Contact RidgeRun at email@example.com for information and pricing on Professional SDK for the platforms you need.
SDK Download Instructions
If you want to get the DM8168 EVM EVAL SDK 2011Q2 you need to go to our download center page and select the DM8168 EVM SDK 2011Q2. You will be asked for your email address and some information. Once you have submitted the required information you will receive an email with the following information:
- A link to download the SDK 2011Q2 Installer file for GNU/Linux based operative systems.
- A username and password to download the installer.
- A link to the installation instructions.
In order to compile the SDK you need to install the toolchain. Further instructions available at RidgeRun 2011Q2 SDK User Guide.