Spectrum Digital DM8168 EVM
RidgeRun provides support for the DM8168 Evaluation Board from Spectrum Digital. This board is supported either with the Evaluation SDK or with the Professional SDK. More information on the board can be found here. You can download the evaluation SDK for the EVM from our download center.To purchase a professional SDK, please contact us.
Developed with Spectrum Digital, the 8168 Evaluation Module (EVM) enables developers to immediately start evaluating DM816x DaVinci™ MPU and begin building solutions such as surveillance DVRs, video conferencing systems, video broadcasting systems, media servers, single-board computers, gateways, routers, servers, industrial automation, human machine interfaces (HMIs), point-of-service data terminals, machine vision, test and measurement, tracking and control applications, amongst many others
The OMAP35x-EVM is a plataform based on TI's OMAP35x multimedia application processor featured by a high-performance Superscalar ARM Cortex-A8 RISC core with NEON co-processing, this allows developers to enjoy the benefits of a low cost, powerful and easy-to-use development plataform. This is an ideal software development and device prototyping plataform for wireless and multimedia applications since the developer may take advantage of the variety of integrated devices and peripherals on the board, for instance the multiple display outputs, among them: VGA LCD, DVI, S-Video and Composite.
The OMAP35x support from RidgeRun includes our full Linux Kernel and file system with Gstreamer running on top of TI's CODEC Engine.
Features Supported by the SDK
- U-boot v2009.11 supported
- Linux kernel 2.6.32
- GCC 4.X,EABI, glibc
- DMAI, Codec Engine, DSPLink integration
- GStreamer hardware accelerated pipeline integration (professional version)
- GStreamer support for DSP codecs (professional version)
- Many open source applications available
- DVSDK components integration into the build system
- Toolchain based on codesourcery 2009q1
- Integrated support for the SGX graphics accelerator software in the build system (professional version)
- RidgeRun services for integration of graphic acceleration technology with open source software stacks (professional version)