Spectrum Digital DM8168 EVM
RidgeRun provides support for the DM8168 Evaluation Board from Spectrum Digital. This board is supported either with the Evaluation SDK or with the Professional SDK. More information on the board can be found here. You can download the evaluation SDK for the EVM from our download center.To purchase a professional SDK, please contact us.
The 8168 Evaluation Module (EVM) enables developers to immediately start evaluating DM816x DaVinci™ MPU and begin building solutions such as surveillance DVRs, video conferencing systems, video broadcasting systems, media servers, single-board computers, gateways, routers, servers, industrial automation, medical devices, human machine interfaces (HMIs), point-of-service data terminals, machine vision, test and measurement, tracking and control applications, amongt others.
The DM8168 EVM support from RidgeRun includes our Linux Kernel and file system fully integrated with logic to handle the latest [http://software-dl.ti.com/dsps/dsps_public_sw/ezsdk/ EZSDK/ released by Texas Instruments as well as gstreamer + openMax support, all these features included in a user friendly development enviroment
Features Supported by the SDK
- U-boot v2009.11 supported
- Linux kernel 2.6.32
- GCC 4.X,EABI, glibc
- DMAI, Codec Engine, DSPLink integration
- GStreamer hardware accelerated pipeline integration (professional version)
- GStreamer support for DSP codecs (professional version)
- Many open source applications available
- DVSDK components integration into the build system
- Toolchain based on codesourcery 2009q1
- Integrated support for the SGX graphics accelerator software in the build system (professional version)
- RidgeRun services for integration of graphic acceleration technology with open source software stacks (professional version)