How to create a SD Card Nand Flash Installer Image for leopard DM36x
This page contains the stpes to configure the sdk for Creating a SD card NAND Flash installer image and Installing the image on the target board:
Creating a SD card NAND Flash installer image and Installing the image on the target board:
1. Run 'make config'
2. Go to 'Installer Configuration' and make it ensure following are configured:
-> 'Firmware deployment mode' -> Select 'Create an SD card installer for flash memory' -> (0x82000000) Ram address to load components -> communication method with the target board is set to -> serial port -> (/dev/ttyUSB0) serial port for target communication -> [*] Flash SD Image into loopback file instead of real SD -> (256) Size of loopback device for SD card(in MB) -> (40)UBOOT partition size -> (25)MInimum kernel parttion size -> (1600)Minimum file system partition size
Note: Serial port is set to /dev/ttyUSB0 because usb to serial converter adapter is used.
File System Configuration for NAND Flash Memory FS:
1. Run make config.
2. Go to 'File System Configuration' and make it ensure following are configured:
->File System image target -> Select 'UBIFS volume' ->UBIFS sub-page size->512
Save the configurations and build:
1) Exit saving the changes form 'make config'.
2) run >'make'
To install the image to the target board please follow the next steps:
1) Access your board through serial port.
2) Power on your board and stop it on the u-boot prompt.
3) Quit from your minicom/termnet session.
4) Install your SDK running the 'make install' command from the host.
Note: Install process will identify the NAND block size and NAND page size of target board.
5) The file 'sdcard.img' will be created into the <$devdir>/images/ directory.
6) Insert a SD card in your PC and wait until it is mounted.
7) Run the 'mount' command and verify the name of the device associated to your SD card. (For example, output from 'mount' command will be as is shown below:)
/dev/sdb1 on /media/boot type vfat (rw,nosuid,nodev,uhelper=udisks,uid=1000,gid=1000,shortname=mixed,dmask=0077,utf8=1,flush)
8) Umount the media by typing the following command:
sudo umount <directory where your SD card was mounted i.e. /media/boot > or typically sudo umount /dev/sdb1 and sudo umount /dev/sdb2
9) Go to the images directory and run the following command:
sudo dd bs=64M if=sdcard.img of=/dev/sdX
Where sdX represents the device name found in the step 7, for ex it would be sdb.
10) Step at 9) will load the image on to the sdcard.
Setting up the leo board and installing the SD card NAND Flash installer image and running the NAND Flash image on the board:
1) Once the above process finishes insert the SD card into your board and turn ON the dip switch 2 (SW1), then power on the board, and you will see on the console the uboot script reflash your NAND. (The console output will show it is erasing and programming NAND).
2) When nand programming is done, turn off the power, turn OFF the dip switch 2 (SW1), remove sd card, turn on the power.
3) Leo board will boot from the image which is flashed on the NAND flash memory