SDK Turrialba for iMX6 VAR-SOM-MX6
- Product Name: SDK for iMX6 VAR-SOM-MX6 board based on Turrialba Stable Release.
- Date: Nov 2013
- Turrialba SDK Release Information
This document and the software described in it are furnished under license with RidgeRun, and as such, may be used or copied only in accordance with the terms of the license. The contents of this document are furnished for informational purposes only and are subject to change without notice. RidgeRun, assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or inaccuracies that may exist in this document. No part of this document may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form, without the prior written consent of RidgeRun.
ARM is a registered trademark of ARM Limited. Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the United States and other countries and is used by RidgeRun under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
- iMX6 VAR-SOM-MX6 Board related documentation:
- Toolchain linaro 2013.03 for hard floating point and 2012.03 for soft floating point
- Updated kernel version to 3.0.35-4.0.0
- Updated Freescale GStreamer plugins 3.0.7
- Includes latest gstreamer 0.10 distributions available: gstreamer-0.10.36, gst-plugins-bad-0.10.23, gst-plugins-base-0.10.36, gst-plugins-good-0.10.31, gst-plugins-ugly-0.10.19
- Support for HDMI video output
- Support H.264@1080p video encode/decode
- NAND and SD boot support.
- NFS supported.
- Start kernel from TFTP.
Supported Operating Systems
Linux Distribution Ubuntu 9.04, 9.10, 10.04, 10.10, 12.04 in 32 bits and 64 bits.
This SDK is designed to run on the Variscite VAR-SOM-MX6 Board.
This SDK includes:
- ARM toolchain: gcc 4.6.3 for software floating point and 4.8.2 for hardware floating point.
- U-Boot 2009.08
- Linux kernel 3.0.35-4.0.0.
Known Limitations and Defects
Expect the list below to change regularly as new limitations are reported and defect fixes are checked in.
- In order to use the RidgeRun's installer system it is necessary to use RidgeRun's u-boot instead of the default u-boot that comes with the board. Read the following article to know How to flash the RidgeRun's u-boot in a new board.
RidgeRun Professional SDK provides handful of debug and profile tools, professional Linux development support and a wider range of drivers. Contact RidgeRun at firstname.lastname@example.org for information and pricing on Professional SDK for the platforms you need.